Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Tuesday, May 17, 2005
116.64 Night and day
In College, my English Composition professor taught me a way of picking my focus. I got the new three W's:

  • What: I will not be returning to my present school next year.
  • So What: I prayed for guidance and I got my answer! The decision is over but I have mixed feelings on the issue. I know I should be celebrating the future not grieving the past.
  • Now What: There are other opportunities in Taiwan. More places to teach and grow are just around the corner. All I have to do is decide to march forth to find what my next adventure will be.

Queen's Head Rock - Yeliou
Queen's Head Rock in Yeliou

It is a foreign landscape and I am the foreigner. I come from Calgary, Alberta. It is a city of extremes. Extreme temperatures, extreme sports and extremely friendly people. In Taipei, I sit on the same bus every morning and they show the same forecast for every day of the week. "24-35 with a chance of rain." The culture values assimilation over individuals and extremes are unwelcome. It's possible to have fun and to be lost in the dark right?

Me at Yeliou in May
Photo taken 3 days after my birthday in Yeliou

I remain,
T. Destiny
Teachable in Taipei Taiwan.

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker