tick tick tick
time flies when I write
time flies when I teach
time flies as I reach to my future
and then it is gone before I know
that I was supposed to keep track
and find time for this and that
My BAD poetry aside, there is no time like the present to say that time is disappearing faster than I can count it. My days are blurring together in a dizzying swirl of teaching and grading. It is good that time goes so quickly for I believe it means that one is enjoying life. If you have no time to complain or dwell on anything that might be less than ideal then you have to be doing well, right?
My life is full of little learning opportunities. I made an error today in letting some of my students go early from class. They disrupted another class that was still in session and I feel bad for that. I apologized to the teachers and appropriate authorities. Ooops. No more of that! I will have to forgive myself for new errors.
Speaking of correcting things, I've found a MaryKay consultant here in Taipei! I knew it was an international organization but never really thought I'd run across someone who is actively selling here. I'm happy about that as my skin needs some corrective action. The products from home are not suited to my skin-type in this climate!
We have entered rainy season here and the forecast for the rest of the week is 24-30 with rain every day. I'm still enthralled by the sheer volume of rain that we get in a day. Coming from a super-dry climate like Calgary to Taipei is definately a change! There is a small rivulet of water that seeps down one of my walls at home and puddles close to my desk. I knew about it when I moved in and I watch it with fascination to see how many different bugs it is trapping each day.
I shook the fever that I had yesterday overnight. However, I've developed an unpleasant cough that reminds me of the bronchitis I had back in Alberta. If it doesn't clear up by the end of the week I'll make another forray to the doctor's office. My Taiwanese friends say I should eat the plums they have here (which both taste and look a little like apricots) and drink warm water.
There is still a few more classes left on my plate to evaluate so I'll end today's post with a fervent wish that you are all experiencing life in a positive way.
Gods love for all of you.
Sincerely,
T. Destiny
A Teachable Teacher in Taipei, Taiwan.