Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Sunday, May 01, 2005
100.48 Weekend wonders
I'm sitting at the computer listening to "Picture." It's a song that my friend in Calgary plays in her band "Gypsy and the Rose." I am suddenly transported back to the great Canadian summer event "Calgary Stampede." I can taste the pancake breakfasts and cold scrambled eggs along with bad coffee coupled with country music and all I can do is stare at the computer screen and GRIN.

I don't know what my summer plans are yet but I'm going to try and make it back for Stampede. Maybe I'll be able to enjoy the breakfasts and get together with some old friends and co-workers. Though I can't imagine being back in Alberta without a car of my own! It's bad enough being in Taipei and relying on public transit. Though I must say once you understand the routes it isn't that bad.

This weekend was clear and HOT. I didn't think it was going to happen so soon but I found myself seeking refuge from the clear blue sky with the sun's hot eye beating down on me. I lurked in restaurants and underground malls to avoid the worst of the heat. On the positive side I found shorts that actually FIT me for a really good price. Although I question the accuracy of the size tag it doesn't really matter as long as they look good and will help me stay cool in the summer heat.

Saturday I had my first language exchange with a lady I met through an english teachers website. She's really nice and is eager to teach me Mandarin. I'm not confident in this at all though and found myself actually feeling shy. Definately an odd feeling for me. We went to Taipei 101 and I got to see the heart of the upscale designers stores that are in Taipei. From Prada and Gucci to Tiffany's & co. it was ALL out of my price range for certain!

Today I also spent ducking the sun and read, wrote and painted all day long. It was really nice and I could feel my brain stretching in a kind of languid happiness. I think it was a necessary break from the hustle of the week. All in all I'm happy today and wanted to share that.

More later
T. Destiny
a Teacher in Taipei Taiwan

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker