Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Wednesday, April 27, 2005
96.44 Trip Trap
Well, I feel the proper amount of good and bad right now.

I'm quite tired because last night I chaperoned a bunch of students. We went to a play at a "local" university and didn't get back to my house until 11:30 pm. The play was good for people who don't speak English as their mother language. I was impressed by the main character who was on-stage throughout and remembered all her lines. I can barely remember 2 words in Chinese!

I'm happy because I got more mail. Thanks Grandpa N.! It is so exciting to get an envelope from home. Does it really cost almost $1.50 send me a letter? If so, wow! It's so nice to know that somebody is thinking of me at home.

I feel silly and in pain because I just tripped on the stairs and hit my knee VERY hard on the stairs. I managed not to cry in front of the students who saw me but my boss saw me weep a little. I'm currently sitting at the computer with an ice-pack from the nurse. She insists that if it continues to swell over-night that she'll send me to the hospital. I'm sure I can hobble my way through this. After all I can still walk.

However, the pain is distracting so the blog will be short and sweet today. I'm going to go home ASAP to take some pain killers. I may even take the MRT instead of the bus because there's less walking involved. It's wierd because I tripped on a stair that I've almost tripped on before. (One of the 5 floors of stairs and I can remember that particular stair?) I feel like going to find out if it is somehow different from the other stairs. Isn't that taking it a bit far? *laughs*

Okay - so tired and in pain but still optomistic, even if my jr. high students claim not to be prepared for their presentations after 3 full classes with time to practice! Tomorrow is another day. Please send me an e-mail and cheer me up for tomorrow when my knee is going to be worse than it already is!

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker