I am still at the Giftionery Trade Show. My head is alive with possibilities. This is an amazing opportunity for me and surely this is an entrepreneur's playground.
Among the myriad of booths (I might have covered 70 percent of the stationery area in ONLY 4 hours) I discovered a greeting card company that is searching for designers. In two weeks time I have to supply some backgrounds and ideas for greeting cards. I'm excited by the after-school project and have asked for a princely hourly wage to suplement my other income. I suspect I could have asked for more. There is a possibility for an interesting future in this area if I choose to pursue it. The owner of the company seems nice, but this is Taiwan and everybody is "nice." It's to be expected.
Additionally I found a really exciting product that I could market back home in Calgary. Like I said, my head is whirling with possibilities! I am not well-versed in market-place strategies but I know what I like and what I would buy.
I'm on my way to catch the free shuttle back to the Main Station and then off to a friends house for some evening singing. It rained heavily this morning and my cough is mostly clearing up though I'm still a tad congested. I'm a little tired, but happy with the day's adventure. Even if nothing happens from today's exploit, I can say I have tried something new this weekend.
I remain. Tried and true.
A Teacher in Taipei.