Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Friday, April 22, 2005
91.39 The weekend approaches
I am happy for the weekend. I awoke this morning and was completely DRAGGING on the way to work. Even when I got here it felt like each limb weighed twice it's normal weight. I thought I would never make it to Friday, but my morning classes redeemed all my hard work and perserverance by being not only participatory but excited about the project I have assigned. After some of the other classes this week it was a welcome relief. It was enough of a boost to help me get through the morning.

I started feeling a little off around lunch time after a frustrating experience with the people at the MRT counter. They were supposed to have a refund for me from my "easy card" which ceased to function. Apparently they mailed it instead of holding it. (If that's the case, then why did they tell me to come back in 10 days?) I reminded myself that feeling down wasn't going to help my situation and am now resigned that the money will probably never be recovered. If it shows up in the mail I'll be shocked.

It's so hard when you can't simply communicate in a country. I have so much more empathy now for people who emigrate to Canada where there is NO hope of finding Chinese. At least most public servants here have a tiny bit of English. All seem to know the phrase: "You wait. I'll phone." I hear it every other day it seems. Maybe that's the reason why I now hesitate to launch into new adventures that didn't phase me in the beginning. It gets harder and harder to be misunderstood all the time. I keep chanting in my head, "I know it gets better." Maybe I should go learn Chinese.

This afternoon vanished in a haze of lesson plans and listening test revisions. I wonder how I ended up in a career that requires paperwork. Certainly I've never had a problem being organized but I simply find paperwork exhausting. Getting motivated to do it is sometimes difficult especially if I don't feel I have all my resources and ducks in a row.
I am very tired from the effort to stay focused and can not wait to let my brain reset into it's normally creative patterns.

I've started a new art project at home that I'm very excited about. One doodle is leading into a drawing that I'm itching to paint. I'm planning on doing layers of transparent colour. However, this is a technique I've never attempted and I like the sketch so maybe I'll copy it before I start messing around with it.

Tomorrow I'm planning on going to the big "Giftionery" trade show here. I've used my design credentials to get an invitation, but suspect anybody could just walk onto the floor. Either way I'm excited by the prospect of seeing the latest in stationery and gifts available. Office supplies always make me happy and I need stickers for my grade 4 students. If I find something affordable than I'll pick it up for prizes for my Jr. High students with this section exam/project.

Enough of the "chatty" routine. I'm off to live my weekend. Got a new CD (finally) for my camera and am eager to take some new photos for the blog. No real plans on where I'll take them, but maybe Chiang Kai Shek in the early morning or even Da'an Park down the street where they do Tai-Chi in the mornings. All depends on how my body feels tomorrow morning. Right now I feel run down. I suspect food will help.
Love and Hugs to my loyal readers.
T. Destiny in Taipei

Keep smilin, there, you. :)

3 months, eh? wow...  

_____________________

Yeah, wow. Sometimes I can hardly believe it myself! Thanks for the note.  

_____________________

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker