Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Monday, April 18, 2005
The quest for cake
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD & RYAN!

I just finished the most wonderfully rich chocolate mousse cake that I could possibly imagine. Finally, at long last, the hunger for chocolate is satiated. I am very pleased. There is nothing that could possibly make this food experience better at the moment.

Most of the desserts in Taiwan are feathery light non-substantial cakes and pastries. And while delicate is nice and all I was just craving something that could finally satisfy my craven urge for good dark chocolate. I pass a bakery on the way home every day and only stopped inside once, but the crowd was large and I was impatient. Tonight because I wanted to celebrate in absentia I decided to back-track a few hundred feet and try the bakery again.

After purusing shelf after shelf of fruit bread (too unspecial), cake (too feathery looking) and mousse (too unbirthday like) I decided on a dark chocolate covered oval shape in the cold clean glass case. I thought the worst that would happen is that I would be unsatisfied and go for icecream down the street to try and salvage the celebration. Oh, what a wonderful surprise. Such a magnificent delicious decadance I have enjoyed.

It was the most amazing chocolate I have had in months. I was actually imagining being in a garden surrounded by beautiful trees, flowers and fountains as I ate each sumptuous bite. In reality I was sitting in one of three dirty plastic chairs on the side of a busy street being passed by noisy cars, scooters and pedestrians with screaming children. I felt like I was in one of those commercials where the food actually transports you to another dimension and you have some kind of incredible experience just because you are eating.

For $2 Cdn. I think this is the best value experience I've had in Taiwan. Well now that you know how sad and pathetic I am that a piece of cake is the highlight of my night, I'll sign off.

I think the best thing about Medicine Hat, apart from our house, is Swirls, the ice cream place which has the rotten luck of being four blocks from our house. We must maintain discipline.  

_____________________

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker