Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Tuesday, April 12, 2005
81.29 Teachers Trials
So, why is it that even the most ill-behaved student turns into a clam when asked a question while the class is being observed? Is it because they suspect that they'll get in trouble with the Jr. High Coordinator? Or that they think I'll give them trouble if they misbehave while she is there? All in all an afraid tongue is one that simply doesn't move. So all alone at the front of the class I feel like the teacher in Ferris Buehler going "Anyone? Anyone?" *laughing* These are the trials of a teacher.

In my case I was at the front going "Who knows how they felt when the Titanic was sinking? *dead silence* What where the people doing when they knew the ship was going under the ocean? *no response* Where they dancing and laughing? *blank stares* Did they smile and have a good time? *more blank looks* Did they cry? *someone coughs* Did they scream?

I feel like screaming "ANSWER ME" at this point and am pacing like a caged lion trying to look intelligent and in control of the classroom. The normally rambunctious group of Grade 7 boys have turned into zombies in less than 20 seconds. *laughs* It really is funny in retrospect. I wonder if we ever did that to teachers when I was in school?

Nothing else to note. Last night I poked around a bit trying to decide how to change the blog look. The designer in me wants to make it both prettier and more functional. I envision dusting off my brain and practicing the little bit of coding that I learned. However, I've enough projects on the go at the moment. I'm just polishing a draft of a movie proposal that I'm doing with a friend back in Canada so that's my primary focus for the week. I also want to locate an English speaking Aikido dojo and research Chinese lessons. Maybe next week I'll work on the blog.

Have to run if I'm going to get something decent to eat tonight. I'm hoping to make it to the vegetarian buffet near my house before it closes. I'm also eager to see what the maid has done at home today! *chuckling* With eating out and a maid to clean, all I have to do is farm-out my laundry and have my bottled water delivered and I'll be completely domestically liberated!

Hope you enjoy the new picture of the Grand Hotel here in Taipei. I waited 5 minutes for the MRT to come streaking into the picture. I've experimented with MRT pictures at night too, but have to get a tripod to mount my camera as found-objects are not convenient enough for me and I'm certainly not steady-handed enough to take the shots I want to take.

Interesting stuff: I hear that Canada might be having another election?! And that Taiwan has banned Chinese agency reporters. We're so isolated here that I didn't even know there was a royal wedding recently! I'm making more of an effort now to read the China Post that comes to our office in English every day.

Well, until there is something of note in my world... enjoy!

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker