I GOT MAIL!My first letter from home arrived today successfully. Thanks Kathy! I stumbled into the office after one hard class and there it was perched on the centre of my desk. It was such a delicious feeling having the crisp envelope between my greedy, trembling fingers. Contact with the outside world! I can still feel the rush of excitement knowing I get to take that card home with me and read it over and over. How I treasure those written words.
And e-mail from former co-workers and my folks on the same day! I am so blessed that people care. Thank you! I treasure each thought, sentence, and moment that you spend letting me know that I'm not alone in this great big world. You can not imagine how much on the sad days a single e-mail can cheer me. It is an immediate rush of acceptance in a place where I can only communicate with a minority of people.
Please note - new pictures are posted in the blog today - a sure sign that I'm in a good mood. Also posted in the new header is my first piece of art in Taiwan. I've titled it
"Hope has wings." People have said that I'd do great tattoo art. I'm not sure who would be insane enough to have something I drew indelibly etched into their skin but it's a flattering thought. The other header picture me in front of Chang Kai Shek Memorial on my very first night in Taipei. The memorial isn't from my new home but I haven't visited it during daylight hours yet.
Hope you enjoy the reading. I am always verbose when I feel good.