Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Friday, April 01, 2005
Moving and Munching
(Composed on Saturday afternoon)
View from Home
One of the views from my new home.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My front door.

Friday - I moved into my new apartment. Away from the constantly changing personalities of the hostel to a place where I can rest. The walls are not blue as I had originally thought, but a wonderfully vibrant shade of violet/lavender purple. I have little to complain about as anything is a step up from having a cell with a bed and 18 inches of space.

Purple walls
The violet walls liven up the room.

While the move was not completely seamless it could have been much worse. The hostel owner has worked as a delivery driver in Taipei so he gave myself and my luggage a ride to my new building. I was very greatful for not having to haul my stuff across town in the MRT system.

When I arrived they were putting a new layer of lino in the elevator. I wasn't walking up to the roof with all my worldly belongings so I stood in the front hall for about 30 minutes until they finished. That in itself was interesting as one man worked another one supervised and interjected comments occasionally pointing and jesturing. Then a woman came in and started to ask questions and made herself busy picking up all the scraps from the job. The man laying the tiles just looked more and more distressed that he had an audience and so many "helping" hands seemed to make the process take longer as he kept making mistakes.

Finally HOME:
My first real room in Taiwan.
I like this photo because it shows that I have windows on all three sides of my room! I arrived to find a Canadian map on the wall and a little bunch of flags on the desk! (What a sweet flat-mate I have!) After shuffling some of the furniture around I took a shower in our tiny little bathroom. I realized I forgot my only towel at the hostel and dried off with a cotton t-shirt before getting dressed to go out for supper.

Our tiny bathroom.
A small bathroom seperates the two rooms in my new home.

I was warned of the fact that all of Taiwan's social events revolve around food. I'm just coming to realize that my desire to be sociable can potentially affect my waistline in what I consider to be a negative fasion. In other words - I don't want to regain all the weight I've lost over the past few years. That being said Friday night I was out again with the gang from the agency I work for.

We went to a magnificent Italian restraunt called Amaroni's. (http://www.windy-city.com.hk/amar/index.html)
I won't bore you with the marvelous menu except to say that there was pretty close to a side of beef at one point on the table cut into the biggest stakes I've seen since the Calgary Stampede. And the tiramisu at the end of the night was enormous and wonderful. All courtesy of the company! Overeating seems to make me terribly sleepy and I "dashed" home (it only took me around an hour) to get some much needed rest in my new apartment.
My dinning companions.
Satiated Diners.

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker