Greetings All,
Went to the hospital today and was charged 1200NT for a doctors visit. Can't quite figure out why it was more than the emergency room... maybe because I was seeing a specialist? Have recieved a steroid cream and more anti-histamines that won't make me so drowsy to take during the day to keep the swelling down. Prognosis: Flea bites. The doctor is hopeful that this will clear up with a change in living conditions. I am also eager for the day where I move into the next domocile and I hope not to take any critters from one place to another. I guess that flea bites are the price I'm paying for staying some of the smaller, cheaper out of the way places in Taiwan. At least the doctor has had them personally which means it isn't about physical hygene its more of a bad-timing inconvenience. Not petting any more pets here -
ever. There will be laundry and hot dryers. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.
I spent the day shopping at Ikea and napping. Ikea here is the same as Canada... right down to some of the furniture that I left behind. The prices are also similar. The only thing that is different is that there is actually room to walk through this IKEA on a Sunday afternoon. Maybe the Taiwanese are better at shopping or have more to do with their lives than tie up the limited space in the store. I enjoyed the experience. One thing that Taipei's Ikea carries that I don't recall seeing in Calgary is a mosquito net. I bought one for my new house. I've had enough bites for one year and a single buzzing insect can wreck a whole night of blissful sleep. I think the 400NT was a good investment for my future rest. I resisted the urge to by more things like a wardrobe et al. I need to save cash until the first paycheque rolls in.
Oh, I forgot to tell you - I saw my first rat. The school catches them with big traps baited with chunks of meat. ICK! They were carrying one out as I was coming to school last week. I said "ewwww" and the workman laughed at the squeamish teacher! I'd rather not see any more rats and if I do, I hope they're caged like that one on their way OUT of my sight.
Not too chatty tonight. The hospital was opening a new wing and celebrating the 50th anniversary today so got some pics of that... nothing spectacular to post though.
Wish me luck with this next week - classes, paperwork and the move. Lots to have anxiety about, but somehow strangely quiet and calm. Not much can go wrong really. Worst case scenario I go back to Calgary having experienced a wonderful time for a few months here. Your positive thoughts are appreciated.
((HUGS))
Love T. Destiny
_____________________