Greetings All,
It was a beautiful day in Taipei, the sun was shinning and the wind was quick. It was just like a crisp fall day in Calgary. The pollution was quite low today and I revelled in the blue sky and sunshine. T
Today I had a wonderful experience with a group of Taiwanese exchange students who are on their way to the USA in the fall. The goal of the day was to pair the students with us teachers as a way of calming their fears. My company (not the school - the agency)sponsored the event. We set off traditional Chinese lanterns into the night sky above the river outside of Taipei. It was phenomenal how far they travelled - out of sight over the mountains. I was very excited and honoured to be part of the day.
I want to write about this in all detail, but am on the hostel computer and do not want to monopolize the time on the computer.
Rest assured there are many pictures that I would like to send, and will "get around to it". I'm sure you understand that my work comes first and that I have lesson plans to attend to before I do this personal work!
A little note that I recieved positive feedback from the school which is very unusual. Culturally they don't praise here, they only give feedback when something is wrong. So I am very flattered!
All my love. I owe you a long detailed post soon.
T. Destiny in Taiwan.