Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Monday, March 14, 2005
Day 53 - Teaching Day 1 (Henceforth 53.1)
They didn't beat me.
They just battered me a little.

I'm officially a Teacher.
I can thank God for helping me make it through my first day.
I made it through the first day without yelling or loosing my temper.
I didn't even send anybody to the office.... though I was pretty close. *laughing*
I didn't realize what a challenge this was going to be. I knew I wouldn't be bored and this was a pretty intense first day for me. I fantasized a little about being shown the ropes a bit more and having a better prep time. I can only blame myself on prep. I should have pushed myself harder on the weekend. Or asked more questions on Friday about where to print things - show me the supply closet etc. I'm hairs away from buying a laptop and a printer to prevent any computer malfunctions in the future. Then all I have to worry about is getting to the photocopiers on time. I have these great ideas about games and things but need prep time to complete them.

Time management is going to become my best friend. I've 260 tests to grade before the end of the week in addition to all the drama classes must be evaluated this week also. Some how this has to happen around my class schedule and planning for next week. Another challenge. Writing my own curriculum sounded exciting until today's reality hit. EEEK.

Really I'm just wired for sound. It is my FIRST day after all and I have to find a way to be gentle to myself. This is a learning experience for me also. *takes a deep breath and sighs.* I'm just used to being really good really fast. I have to find a way to maintain my sanity until I get into a routine. The first day was only half over before I wanted to run away! Fortunately the day was rescued by a good meal at lunch and my last class of the day which was a fun group of girls who actually participated in their drama class. Yay!

Okay, so now that I've celebrated my small victory and simple out-lasting my first day. I'll let you all know that I'm terrifically stressed about not having a visa and no solid plans for a visa run. I'm going to look at an apartment tomorrow night and am just nervous about everything right now.

This is just the right time to NOT write in my blog... cause I'll say stuff that I'll want to delete later! So, in that spirit. Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed the pics.

Love,
T. (Stands for Terrifically tired in Taiwan) Destiny

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker