Was woken up again this morning at 3 am by an earthquake. This one was 2 pretty strong bursts of 30-40 seconds of shaking. The first one I rode out pretty well but the second set had me concerned enough to start making for the door of the hotel.
I have yet to figure out why most of the earthquakes I've experienced happen in the wee hours or early morning. *chuckles* Never during the day.This is a reason my TESOL instructor warned us never to sleep naked! Just incase there is an earthquake you want to be able to move fast. I have a rule for myself that I have to be ready to completely leave my hotel room in under 20 minutes with ALL my things. It leads to a habit of having my possessions centralized and therefore, when the ground starts to shake at 3 in the morning I can grab my identification and camera and boot out the door with a minimum of fuss. Though apparently it is worse to experience the quake on the ground rather than in a highrise. It makes sense that the building would absorb the impact and convert the energy to a sway. *considering* Still fascinated by the science of this.
Link to last nights quake:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/Quakes/usvgay.htmMagnitude of 5.4 - Epicentre 60km from Taipei.
I'm okay and still wowed by the power of nature. *smiles* Thinking happily of you all. Wish me luck, I'm on my way to find out whether Keelung is going to be my new home away from Canada.
Love and Hugs
T. Destiny