Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Tuesday, March 01, 2005
Possibilities
Greetings All,

Another day in Taipei and my shoulder/neck/back has gotten worse rather than better. I took a bit of a misstep yesterday on my way to a local food night market and it jarred my whole back with a shooting pain that I grew to know when I suffered my back injury. I knew I was in trouble this morning when I could barely roll out of bed without squeaking. In addition, my throat was a bit closed up I think because I'm not used to the pollution. I managed this evening to locate a local version of Tylenol and some very nice liniment compresses that come with adhesive strips to attach them to your back. I'm so silly. When I originally set out from ChangHua I did not bring any of my ibuprofen or other sundries. I hadn't planned to be on the road this long. *laughing* At least I'm managing to get around. Moving about has gotten harder as the day has progressed and I'm planning a trip to the local hot-springs early tomorrow morning. Hopefully that will help loosen me up some.

I spent most of this afternoon out in Ruifang, a small town near Bryce in Keelung. There I met a potential employer and spent some time chatting. Okay, I confess, I talked her ear off! Those of you who know me well know that it is possible! I obvioulsy felt comfortable enough to babble for a while and I can't be held completely accountable because she kept asking open-ended questions! There was a pretty instant connection between us and I feel there may be a possiblity of a job here that will bring me some personal satisfaction.

The school/organization is run by a team of both a Westerner & Taiwanese owner. I'm told this is a fairly rare combination and I sincerely believe that these two people have a degree of flexibility that may be a challenge to find elsewhere. I have tenatively arranged to go back on Friday to observe some classes. I'm pleased enough with my initial impression of the management that it might overcome my objections to working in the northern part of the country.

It is important to know what you will sacrifice in order to come up with the best compromise possible. My objections to the area are primarily climate based and no one on earth can control that weather! Keelung is the rainest part of the island but the rain doesn't concern me so much as air-quality. Reportedly there are blue skies but I've yet to witness them as the rain just isn't stopping. However, I'm feeling pretty positive at the moment. We will see what the universe provides in the next few days. Admittedly, the convenience of being under an hour away to Taipei is attractive.

I'm still searching for a way to get photos uploaded to the blog. I haven't forgotten! I want to make this a nice experience for my very faithful readers. More postcards are in the mail btw. If you want a card and haven't yet recieved one a personal email will probably help. *lol* Wink, wink, nudge, nudge!

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker