Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Saturday, February 26, 2005
I found a hotel, some food and my cousin!
Greetings All,

Well I found my cousin in the rainiest city in the country, Keelung. We enjoyed some time together and I got to meet some of his co-workers. There was even a gentleman who is interested in my teaching skills there. *s* Who knows what will happen?! It was really nice to hook up with Bryce over here and see a familiar face. I didn't realize how long it had been since we had gotten together! It seems that the reason we couldn't get in contact was that he lost his phone. Glad he got in touch via other means! Thanks everyone for your help on this.

Today is Saturday and I had plans to make it into Taipei to check out the SDA church there. I didn't make it there, but I was able to spend extra time in quiet contemplation this morning in my very cushy hotel. I was supposed to get together with a potential employer but am not going to work on Saturdays if I can help it, so arranged to reschedule the meeting.

I'm not quite sure why but I am very impressed that I should be moving myself back to Hualien today. I have no earthly reason to want to go back there. I recall being quite unimpressed with the city itself. (The surrounding scenery was impressive enough.) However, I'm gaining no rest about thinking of other places to travel, so I will follow the small voice in the back of my head and travel back to Hualien. It seems silly to do so, but I can not discount the force of the impression after yesterday.

Yesterday, I didn't follow the small voice. I had planned to do laundry and then move on from Keelung, but the voice said, don't check-out, buy laundry detergent and then go back to the hotel. Instead, I checked out then I spent the whole day traipsing around the town looking for a coin laundry. I even asked at the front desk of the hotel because I had left my luggage there and they politely informed me that there was not one in the city. I ask you, is it reasonable for the country's second largest port city to NOT have a laundry place? No. There should be one on every second corner as far as I'm concerned.

To make the long story short I heard from Bryce via e-mail and then decided to give up on the laundry search and checked back into the same hotel. (I had looked for cheaper - but it was back to the grotty ickyness that I don't want anymore.) Only to be told at the front desk that they have a washer and dryer for complimentary use for the guests! *snort* Why I wasted my whole day? I didn't listen to the small voice. So.... I'm going to listen and will go back to Hualien for no particular reason other than yesterday's lesson in wasting time.

I really just want a job and a place of my own right now. I'm tired of traipsing about more or less aimlessly. I am praying really hard that I will find the right job. I have e-mailed a few places in Taidong and Ilan. Yet, it seems that the best way is to show up on someone's doorstep to get work. The job interview in Ilan didn't pan out... I have left voicemail and a text message but recieved no response from the owner, so I presume he went with another candidate.

I'm now on my 3rd umbrella of the country. There are nice umbrella stands to presumably leave your dripping wet gear outside of each store. Anytime I use one I end up loosing the umbrella. *snorts* I will eventually learn to tie the thing to my hip. Maybe the umbrellas are there for anybody to use and I just don't know it? I won't take one unless it is mine - it doesn't feel right to do so. The umbrella is an extra thing to carry and I'm finding myself longing for a REAL backpack... as the duffle thing is great for short trips but not for going around the country for weeks on end. Mostly the rain just makes travelling inconvenient in anyform.

It is hard not to nail myself down to a plan and equally hard to remain open to finding work that is in God's plan for me. I don't know what I should be doing so am taking it one day at I time. I know it is His will that will make this all worth while. Please continue to pray for me and my well-being. I need all the help I can get.

With Love,
T. Destiny.

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker