Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Wednesday, March 16, 2005
Day 55.3
Greetings All,

Has it only been three days? It is one of the busy times at school with all the grades and marking having to be done by early next week on top of the usual lesson plans. While I sometimes feel unprepared for all this I'm lightening up on myself. Today's lessons were pretty good. The boys were worse than yesterday but I've decided that there is little more I can do short of flat out failing them. Actually, I spent some time researching options and have come up with one more thing for next week. *fingers crossed* A different tactic. I'm pretty new to this so I get to have all the joy of beginner mistakes. I can only do my best to ensure the students have an opportunity to learn and beyond that pray.

Tonight I walked home from school. It's 6 MRT stops away and seemed short enough but I doubt it will seem that way in the mornings. I think that was just a great way to wind down after the day. While everything is going forward it is different to get used to the work-load after being on holidays for so long. I enjoyed wandering and taking my time instead of rushing through the subway. I stopped in the computer market on the way home and enjoyed that a lot. There were many people speaking English there which was kind of neat. You would think I'd get tired of that after a day of talking, but I was listening at the market which was really a nice change of pace.

The sky tonight was a dark midnight azure blue. An amazing mixture of not quite blue and not quite purple. It was really pretty with a clear sky and a view of the crescent moon. I've enjoyed the last few days of low 20's weather and clear skies. The sunshine is wonderfully warming right now. I almost cringe about the heat of the summer to come, but am revelling in the springtime.
Not much more to tell. I was thinking how nice it would be to slip into a bath but there isn't one in the hostel.

Tomorrow is a full day with 6 classes and I have to run my health report up to the office to hopefully prevent an ARC run. Then again, a trip to Hong Kong might be nice. I've an address of the SDA hospital which aparently rents rooms so that would be nice. Maybe a trip would be fun.

All my best to you.
Love
T. Destiny

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker