After running around Friday moving and then Saturday feeling exhausted and trying to make the morning commute smooth I was dreading this morning. But Friday's research paid off. I wandered around Friday afternoon until I found the bus stop for the route which my flat-mate had recommended. It took me over an hour to find it. The bus maps here are surprisingly bad and only mark general areas where the bus might be and not which direction it might be travelling in.
Long story short"? No. This morning I left for work at 7 am due here at the school at 8 am. I had time for a leisurely stroll to the bus stop while eating breakfast along the way. The breakfast stop I had planned doesn't open until 8 like most of Taiwan it opens late and stays open late. So I grabbed an egg sandwich at the road stall and munched on the journey to the bus stop. The bus arrived promptly at 7:20 am. and dropped me off in front of the school at 7:45. Not too bad for a commute that takes 30 minutes on the MRT. Plus it's a lot less annoying than fighting the MRT crowds jostling and shoving to change trains at Main Station.
So celebrate with me YAY - the day started off right. Here' s hoping it continues. More later.