Happy Tomb Sweeping Day!
This is the day where you're supposed to go take care of your ancestors graves and get them all neat and tidy. I have no pictures to offer today because I didn't take any. As a matter of fact I spent three whole days doing close to nothing. And today at least I thoroughly enjoyed my particular brand of self-indulgent activity.
The Weather:Yesterday you could have been walking in Lethbridge it was so windy here. My new windows rattled in their panes all night and I started wondering what a typhoon here is going to be like. I imagine that come summer I will be fantasizing about this spectacular weather we're having right now. (I've already forgotten the 4 days of rain from last week.) it feels like a beautiful moderate Calgary summer.
Today:I turned down an opportunity to go to the beach today. It was fabulously clear weather with a nice breeze but I just wasn't feeling social. My tasks today included some artwork, puttering in my house and decorating. I really enjoyed testing out my new markers from IKEA. (Yes, I treated myself to 15NT markers - that means I spent at least 50 cents on myself!) I'm quite happy to have finished a piece and it only took a couple of hours. It has given me the confidence that I needed to return. I've already hung my new art in my new room with a great deal of satisfaction. I do have a picture of my very first piece of finished artwork in Taiwan -and I'll post it probably tomorrow when I'm back in the office.
This Weekend:Aside from tooling around in my apartment and doing laundry I've taken advantage of this long weekend to scout out my new neighborhood and get oriented here. I'm enjoying the new sights and sounds. I met a couple of interesting people so far and have exchanged #'s with a lady from Texas who is working here as a Director at one of the chain language schools. She was just about as chatty as I was in my first weeks here and it was nice to have a friendly person to speak with while we shared supper at a local restaurant. (Told you my life revolves around food!) We've made a tenative date to go see a play in Danshui later this month.
Tomorrow:Tomorrow it's back to school and teaching again. I'm glad we got a break. I know it's only been 3 weeks since I've started but WOW has this been a steep learning curve. The kids can smell it when you're not prepared and they'll take advantage of any time to goof off if they can. All the classes have different challenges and what works for one doesn't work for all of them so I'm definately doing a little dance to try and keep everything straight. If I think I've got it figured by the end of the semester I'll consider it an accomplishment. I'm considering pizza as a bribe for my tough class right before lunch.
Sign off:Well wish me luck dear friends. Thanks for your continued patronage and best wishes.
I don't know how you make it through my longer posts! Hoping you're all still entertained.
Love and hugs.
T. Destiny.