Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Monday, April 11, 2005
80.28 Mild Monday
Aside from some minor jitters today was pleasantly mild day. I showed my grade 4 class a powerpoint presentation that I made about Calgary. Some of them actually seemed interested. *laughs* I can't believe that the chimpunk or rainbow pictures get the biggest reaction out of anything I have on there. There are no chipmunks here that I've seen and squirrels are for some reason considered special by the kids so this is their idea of a Canadian Squirrel with skunk stripes.

Taiwan is not known for it's liberal creativity so I have to find interesting ways to get the kids to participate. I'm still building a trust relationship with of theese kids as most of them I only see once a week and I've only been here going on 5 weeks. So it can be hard to convince them that:


It's OKAY to be wrong.

It's good to participate in drama class by being crazy like the teacher.

It's good to show that you UNDERSTAND.

I noticed that I do a lot of OVER acting in front of the class when I'm demonstrating a concept to show them that it is alright to be silly in drama. I'm not afraid if they laugh at me as that is the desired result. I want to show them that being in-front doesn't have to be scary. When I have them write lines of dialogue to perform they get all caught up in the words rather than emoting so I'll adapt the excersize I tried today into two parts... emotions first and then dialogue. *making a mental note for future lesson-plans*

I feel mild. Maybe some day it will even be mellow? It is nice to have a day that is not extreme.

Love and Hugs to those that want/need it.
T. Destiny

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker