Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Sunday, April 10, 2005
79.27 The North Coast
Sunday's excursion was quite the adventure. People from so many different countries all came together to sing and enjoy good food. There were representatives from Nigeria, Bolivia, Phillipines, Japan, Canada and Taiwan! We shared stories, enjoyed a walk in the cold cold wind and then found a sheltered lee by the ocean where we could share some wonderful food. And yes, you guessed it, I ate too much yet again. If I come back to Canada and I'm 200 lbs you'll know what happened in Taiwan. I ate!


I was "wowed" by the beauty of the area even if the weather was less than ideal.

Sunday's Picnic Spot:
A place sheltered from the wind
Straight down from the red roof you can just make out a group of people on the sand. We sheltered in the trees alongside the tall rocks from the strong wind and threatening weather. There we shared warming food and fellowship. We ate and sang joyously in the "wilderness" of Northern Taiwan.

From this point you can look straight out to sea to the North, East and West. This scenic area is protected with gates and an entrance fee and is maintained as a preserve of the beauty of Taiwan. I plan to come back on a day where there is no rain and maybe even blue skies and I can get my own beautiful photos instead of borrowing.

Close up of Green Rocks
The green rocks filled me with a desire to go poking on the sand like other people, but I'm going to wait until I'm sure I won't be pushed out to sea by the wind.

Queen's Head Rock
I got to see the famous Queen's Head Rock. It is estimated that one good earthquake or 15-25 years from now the neck will disintegrate and this sight will no longer be seen. Similar in formation to Alberta's Hoodoo's the head was formed by erosion.

Download your own photos/wallpaper/screensaver of Northern Taiwan here: http://www.northguan-nsa.gov.tw/en/download3.php

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker