Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Thursday, April 14, 2005
83.31 Delicious
It is so delicious when I'm able to get some real sleep! (Bet you thought I'd talk about food!) Courtesy of my roommate I had a real quilt to use last night and got a decent, if short, sleep. I am so grateful for her generosity and kind spirit. If you can imagine 10 above without central heating you'll know the recent nights here. Truly I have lucked out on most things here in Taiwan. I feel blessed.

Last night to cheer up I went shopping for office supplies. I have always found that a new set of markers, a well planned binder or even a spankin' new ruler can make me smile. An hour or two in the night-market found me a little cash poor but a lot more optimistic. And now I'm sporting a brand new binder with spiffy dividers and organizers for my class materials. I could get addicted to shopping for this stuff.

*laughing* There are symptoms to culture shock. One of them is mood swings and the feeling of unreasonable stress. I feel like a text book case. Fortunately at no point have I really wanted to pack up and go home. I've missed people and comfortable situations like heading across the street for a drink with the folk from work after the day is done. However, I have to know that it will only be a matter of time before I have some other kind of experience that is equally comfortable here.

On the way home I met an ex-pat who has been here for 4 years and he advised that I immediately start Chinese lessons as it will make life here easier. Of course he's gifted with language! I'm pretty sure my talents don't run in that area. However, I appreciated the chat and will take it under advisement. I live directly across the street from one of the recommended language schools for foreigners so I can hardly come up with an excuse not to enroll...

Today's classes, usually pretty tough were easier to take on a good nights sleep. Plus I'm working on a system of reward/punishment that seem to have their attention. Who knows what next week will bring, but today it seemed to work.

Well, off and running. New photos up here today: The main picture I took at the beach on Sunday before the rain and darkness threatened my precious camera. And the flowers are an extreme close-up of blooms that wouldn't even half cover the fingernail of my pinky. Enjoy sweet readers, I'm thinking of you!

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker