Hmmmmmmmm .... swish, swish, SNAP!There is no other noise that can make me smile at 3 in the morning like the satisfying sound of a flying mosquito fried by the "racket of death." I highly encourage all of you to invest in the battery charged tennis rackets that have become my best friend when hunting biting insects in the early hours of the morning. Even half asleep a lazy hand can catch a mosquito with a couple of swishes of the racket.
Yes, I have purchased a mosquito net. No, I haven't hung it yet. I went to do that yesterday only to discover to my dismay that my ceiling is concrete and doesn't sport a handy hook for me. I've got a couple of ideas in mind to rectify the situation. Hopefully the end of the coming weekend will see me safely ensconced in netting while I sleep.
Last night there must have been some kind of significant temple event here. The place just a couple of blocks from my house held a noisy ceremony that lasted precisely from 10 to 11 pm. I was thankful when the drums and cymbals stopped their monotony as I was trying to get an early night. At 35 above I've finally caved and begun using the air conditioner at home I set it to run for an hour before I went to sleep but had to get up once more during the night to start it for a second hour as the cool didn't last. I've added a handy little "weather pixie" to the side-bar so you can monitor my little corner of the world.
I've located a cheap fridge (only 2,000 NT) from a foreigner that's departing. Now I just have to manage a way to get it from her place to mine. I don't like to impose on people but it seems that I'm running into that feeling far too much these days. I guess I just have to learn how to ask for help without feeling so guilty.
I have to be working on my listening test now as tomorrow I'm braving the red tape yet again, which should take a chunk of my valuable time. I'm still wondering exactly what my plans are going to be come the end of the school year. I vacillate from thinking I'll get rehired to thinking I'll be let go. I think I'm probably wasting too much time thinking about it because it isn't a decision I control. I see now how much energy I drain from myself worrying about things. *shakes her head* So many lessons.
Well, here - I'll celebrate for a moment. My last class was good today and yesterday I had awesome chocolate. Tomorrow I'll also have a good day - I've decided! Pray for me, okay?