Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Tuesday, May 03, 2005
102.50 Testing
All around me there is uncertainty. I have heard from so many teachers in the last week and a half that they don't know if they want to come back to Taiwan for another year. I'm quite certain that I do want to come back and merely listen until I understand their reasons. Most have dear friends and support networks back home that they miss alot. I am greatful that I'm still in-touch with many people I know at home. Every day it seems I find a new blessing that keeps me smiling and going forward.

I need that encouragement. Especially when it seems some of my students are DETERMINED to fail my class. What do you do when you review for the test immediately prior to it and then give them liberal hints during the exam and they still fail? *sighs* At least the good students are getting 100's to offset those that don't care about their grades. It seems strange when there is so much anxiety over getting a grade as low as an 80 to see some of the students just shrug when they get 50's.

I have so many assessments and evaluations to do right now it staggers my mind. I have to remember that this will pass within a week or two and I have 2 half-days next week to make up for this load of grading.

Reminder: keep smiling when you're tired it will make you feel better!


I came across this story and wanted to share it with you but it is pretty lengthy so I'll sum up my day: Test x 4. Lunch while grading. Administer another test. More grading followed by another test. Now I'm resting.

I remain, T. Destiny
A teachable teacher in Taipei, Taiwan.

Click anywhere on the story to be taken to the full version.
Black Tulips By Carin Klabbers-Ouwens
Translated by Philip Klabbers

I was a child growing up in The Netherlands, I often begged my mother to tell me this story about an experience her family had at the end of World War II. During the terrible last winter of the German occupation, the hongerwinter, food was very scarce in The Netherlands. People were so desperately hungry they began to eat small animals and many things not normally considered edible, including tulip bulbs. People discovered the bulbs could be cooked like potatoes or turnips, or even eaten raw.

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker