Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Wednesday, May 04, 2005
103.51 The rescue
The best things come in brown paper packages. Like CHOCOLATE!

Thank you to my loving sister who footed the bill to ship me some delicious goodies for my birthday! I'm being a HOG and digging right in - currently savouring dark organic chocolate from Switzerland via Calgary. It's not the Reeses' Pieces I had requested but this is soooo much better.

Now if someone could please fly me in a fresh Timmy's coffee I'd really go crazy for it! Unfortunately the ground stuff for brewing is just NOT the same. Timmy's coffee has to come in one of those boring brown paper cups with 18% cream. *watering mouth* Fortunately Taiwan has pretty decent coffee so really, I can't complain too much.

I also recieved some English books that will be dutifully treasured. This weekend I went to Page One books in Taipei 101 building that boasts Taipei's biggest English book collection. Most of the paperbacks are running about $20 cdn. Good books are always worth the money in my mind, but I'm really particular about what comprises a good book. Right now I want 2 titles by Ron Clark "The Essential 55" and "The Excellent 11". The computer here at work is ACTING up so I'm giving up on getting to the book review link. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he was featured on Oprah at some time.

Okay, so the package has cheered my day. Now I'm off to ensure that I get a good night's sleep so that I can face tomorrow's day with a fresh optomistic face. When one's getting old like me, you've got to find the time to nuture yourself before you can go teach others. Maybe I'll go see a movie tonight to treat myself.

All my love and some very fond thoughts of Canada, blue skies, fresh water and English signage.

T. Destiny

Happy Birthday!! (well, it's only may 4 here, so Happy Take Into Consideration The Time Zone Birthday anyways!  

_____________________

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker