Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Thursday, May 05, 2005
05.05.05 My Birthday!
Happy B-Day to me... *laughs* My grandma, my parents and my sister have all called me this morning before school started.
It's been a great start to the day.

In Taiwan you give away things on your birthday. My grade 4 class had a listening test this morning and then I used the maple syrup candy that my sister sent me as my birthday present for them. I think the premise is to share your good fortune with those around you. So, I counted carefully and made sure that there was over the 43 I would need. It left me with 7 candies. So I left 6 for the Chinese teachers in the elementary building and one extra.

Little did I know when I assigned the grade 6 class to write a play using 12 words which included "birthday" and "Jenny" that there would be a girl in my first grade 6 class named Jenny who shares my special day. It was her birthday today too! So I gave her the last piece of maple syrup candy. What a special day! I got them to take a picture of me and Jenny in class. My next class even spontaneously burst into a rendition of Happy Birthday to you. I'm blessed! It's moments like these that make me feel like I can do this for another year or 10! ]

Of course, this afternoon I have the CHALLENGING students....

Anyways - off to search for lunch.
Cheers and more later.
T. Destiny

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker