Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Monday, May 09, 2005
A brief weekend update
Well, it's bound to happen: Vicki's flight was delayed and she didn't get in until midnight. That means after the trip into downtown Taipei and getting her settled into the YMCA there was another 2 am morning for me. I'm tired but happy. I enjoyed showing her around on the two weekend days and giving her enough information to get around on her own for a bit of this week.

I even made her my surrogate mom for Mother's Day! Brought her a carnation (as per Taiwanese tradition.) and gave her a box of tea as a present. It was nice to have somebody from Alberta to associate with and she's known me since I was a little girl. *smiles* Which made the whole weekend special.

She's off now on a quick tour of Taroko Gorge and then back to Nantou and a health center there before returning to Taipei. Hopefully we'll spend more time together on Wed/Thursday afternoon as I only have half days then.

Busy busy weekend and so much grading left to do so I shan't make a long post here. Similarly the socializing on the weekend has made it unwise to spend long on the blog tonight as I must get some laundry and other things done.

All my love and hugs!
T. Destiny

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker