Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Thursday, May 05, 2005
104.52 - My Birthday part 2
Hey, my favorite number is 52 and it just happens to fall as 52 days I'm a teacher on my birthday. Neat! All good signs.

I just realized that I CAN celebrate 05.05.05 two more times in my lifetime. Because China is on a different calendar and it is only 1994 here! I'll have to come back (if I've left) to celebrate one more time. Additionally, because of the time change I get to celebrate tomorrow too in spirit with people back in Canada.

This afternoon I was tough but fair and just with the students who are failing my class. They were all given assignments easy enough to complete in-class for extra credit to raise their grades. Most of them decided to do it. I think the students live in perpetual fear of failing something here. Perhaps it really is the same world-wide.

Off to birthday celebrations!

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker