Sorry to disapoint you but the blog will remain short as my health is not 100% at the moment. I remain a little stressed and a little tired but still in relatively good spirits. I'm not thinking clearly though and my scheduling is getting all messed up right now. I can not sleep when I should and I can not seem to keep my tasks straight or in order right now. I found it better to lesson plan yesterday on the bus then I did in the hours I was in the office. My concentration is at an all time low.
I think I'm going to actually take this afternoon off to recover some of my strength. The elementary coordinator heard my cough today and recommended I see a doctor. It does sound like it's going deep and I'm inclined to agree that I should see a physician soon. I said I'd wait until Friday though and so I shall.
The rain continues. The clouds are low and often obscure the top half of Taipei 101. The neatest thing happened a few weeks ago. They lit up all the building's lights except the office windows necessary to spell "Taipei 101" down the side of the building. I missed it but on Einstein's birthday they did "E=MC2". Taiwanese ingenuity is always fascinating to me.
I proctored more exams today and it is hard to recognize my more challenging students when they are being so well-mannered in class! I am deeply thoughtful about this seeming dual personality in the boys. Perhaps it is the lack of formal classroom atmosphere in drama that encourages their wilder behavior. Perhaps they are just afraid of getting a bad mark in their Chinese class.
I got more mail! A belated birthday card from my Grandfather in BC. Such a kind reminder that I'm not alone even though I'm overseas. I also heard from another dear friend today whom I hope, lurking as she does, will continue to keep in touch. *little anonymous waves*
Off to rest my brain, body and lungs. Hopefully I'll find someplace warm and dry to do so. I want nothing more right now than solid rest.
Be well All,
Sincerely,
T. Destiny
Tired but Teachable in Taipei