Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Tuesday, February 21, 2006
One Month Maple Leaf
I find myself wondering from time to time what I have done that is noteworthy enough that locals are looking at me and then I remember that I'm in Canada. People make eye-contact here.

Today I was looking for a can of coffee at a local convenience store. Two things: It wasn't 7-11 and they don't sell Mr. Brown's in Canada. At the till I found myself having an actual discussion with the clerk. It's a level of relationships that I missed overseas.

I was dreaming of my students the other day. It set off some serious nostalgia for my Taiwan Adventure. I settled for buying some clay to fill my creative void. Tonight has been designated as craft night for me.

Did I mention? Scrapbooking is TORTURE! For a professional graphic artist who is used to things happening with a few clicks of a mouse, taking an hour to layout some fiddly bitsof paper is like cleaning a bathroom with your tongue - painfully disgusting.

My blog is lacking punch. Perhaps I'll let it rest or develop a new site. I can't imagine my life in Canada being a fascinating topic to blog about. Maybe if you believe in miracles... *grins*

Stay tuned,
T. Destiny

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker