Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Sunday, January 15, 2006
15 Hours - Paid
I'm getting ready to say - BYE BYE TAIPEI! The crowds, the noise, the pollution it all becomes background that is annoying, but familiar. Secretly I'm terrified of what I'll think of Calgary now. A friend at home says it won't be able to contain me anymore. I sat outside last night with my school director and another departing teacher and marvelled over the t-shirt weather. Sure, we could only count 6 stars and I'm pretty sure one of them was a satellite, but can you eat outside comfortably in Calgary right now? After supper I played hide and seek in the park with 2 of my students. It was so completely innocent and light-hearted. It's just what I needed after all the politics and intrigue of leaving the company.

Completed: Packed 2 major suitcases. Yes, even if I'm still moving stuff around, they're packed.I'm packing carry on luggage. Why is this harder than the big stuff? And I'm generally pissing around with things I'm leaving behind. Plus, I'm eyeballing the floor and thinking I should mop.

6.30 am - Final Pay Recieved rather gratefully, even if the company has pushed it to the last moment. My roommate and cash courier had money stolen from his backpack at the pub but my pay envelope was intact. Miracle One complete.

He didn't have to be honest about the issue either. Easily he could have taken my pay and not said anything except I'd been robbed. Granted it was careless of him to leave his backpack lying about in public. Usually people here are INCREDIBLY honest when it comes to personal property. I've jokingly said that you only have to look out for the foreigners. I'm guessing he was at an ex-pat bar.

Transportation - Maybe 3 hours more and I'll be done here at the apartment, I'll drag my scooter out to Taipei, then come back via bus/mrt and cab it to southern Taipei with everything else. At my friends place I'll drop off the keyboard then keep cabbing to the bus station where I'll catch a bus for the leg to the airport. By my rather rough calculations that will get me to where I need to be 3 hours early.

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker