Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Friday, January 13, 2006
Is It Freedom?
It's over.

Hour 6 of my lessons today was particularly hard. By that time, word had gotten around that two of their teachers weren't coming back on Monday and the kids were pretty bummed. They kept looking at me and saying "Teacher, I'll miss you." Or just plain slumping down in their desks and pouting. I explained that they should be glad to have a new teacher to learn English from so they can have many friends around the world. It was lame, and we all knew it. This was followed by demands to play "Go Fish" which I recently taught them.

Positively, it looks like things are finally going in the right direction with the company. I just have my fingers crossed that deals made will be kept and that I can come out of this whole situation, with something resembling a smile. On my way out the door, my school told me that they've cancelled their contract with the company. It's not my concern, and I told the director that. I could take some guesses as to what she was REALLY trying to say, but I'm too tired to interpret. I'd probably get it wrong anyway.

It still doesn't feel real. The politics have weighed on me so heavily this week that I feel permanently down-trodden. I'm going out tonight but am already exhausted. Perhaps a nap is in order. I still have laundry to dry and bags to pack and, and, and.... it will all work out. I might need this night out more than I thought.

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker