Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Sunday, January 15, 2006
17 Hours
4:30 am - Almost Packed / Still not Paid / No offers of rides to the airport or transport for the keyboard.

I have now abandoned the thought of a single suitcase on the way home, and am going for the full two. I am also vaguely paranoid that one of the bags will go missing on the journey.

I've never counted the hours to a flight like I am now. Around hour 19 I found myself in desperate need of some down time and took what I thought would be a restful sleep. I am so exhausted I thought that nothing could keep me awake, rest was not in the cards. My last minute gift from Taiwan is some particularly persistent mosquito visitors. They dive-bomb my sleeping figure. The electric bat (a Christmas present from Tom) is packed out of reach. After pulling the covers over my head, I can still hear them. I give up in favor of a shower and then eyeball my invitng sheets. Half an hour later I'm still battling the mosquitos in spite of being armed with the bat. I give up.

I now have a cup of tea and am staring at the keyboard, wondering how many trips I'm going to have to make from Shihjh to Taipei. Hmmm, keyboard, luggage and a scooter. It's going to be a fun day. Suddenly 14 hours with nothing to do sounds okay.

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker