Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Friday, January 27, 2006
Ten Days in Canada
What can you say about going home that hasn't already been said? I had lunch with a friend who asked how it felt. I asked how it felt after he came back from a year in Australia. He responded with a smile, "Like I had changed, but nothing else had." It's exactly how I feel. There is no way to put a finger on a new perspective. It's like changing perscription eyeglasses and seeing details you previously overlooked. Things as simple as eye contact come as a surprise.

Canada is as beautiful as I left it. The sweeping vistas of wide open land make me wonder in awe at the lack of concrete. I have watched numerous sunrises and sunsets turning the skies vivid hues of gold and crimson and it fills my heart with joy. Oh, to be home where you can breathe the air, not just see it.

My adventure? It's not over, but it might go in new directions that I never anticipated. China is still a possibility, and so is getting my teaching degree. One thing I do know, is that it's true that you never know what will happen to you.

Thank you dear readers for you patience... and stay tuned for the next grand adventure.

T. Destiny

Good luck with making decisions :)

In the end, you just have to make one and see where it takes you.

Envious of your glorious clean air (right now, I can't complain (I'm staying on the Myanmar border) but it's two days until the smog of Taipei returns).  

_____________________

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker