Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Monday, November 07, 2005
289 - Weekend Wrap
Greetings and Salutations All,


The other day I was remembering a conversation I had with my cousin when I was in the seventh grade. He probably doesn't even remember it. He told me that if I wanted to write, to really write. That I should write every day. I remember that was the year that I started journalling. This month that conversation is taking on new meaning. For whatever reason I find it inspiring that so many years ago I got that one simple sentance. Thanks R.! I now proudly have over 9,000 words done on my novel. The characters have come alive, but sometimes I need a break from them. To be on track for 50,000 by the end of the month I needed to have 10,000 by the end of the weekend. Oh well I'm a scant nine hundred words away... I can make that up, right?!

You may not be aware of what you say making an impact on other people's lives. This morning I remind myself that my kids don't know half of what I'm saying to them. Sometimes it's easy to forget. And when you're in Grade 1 and 2 all you want is someone to approve of your efforts. I'm just about ready to head off to work and this is fresh in my mind. I tried phonics last week with my baby class and it was IMO a disaster, but I have a whole week to try again and again until they can say A-ahhhh, B-buh, C- ca and lodge in their brains that each letter has a sound to help them spell. My co-teachers think it is too hard for them, but the school owner wants the phonics book complete by the end of the semester, which means I must push ahead.
**********************
**********************
I am seriously considering Africa as my next grand adventure. Maybe just a one month vacation worth of an adventure. And of course, I want to have a new digital camera before I go, so it's not going to happen tomorrow but this week I'll be looking into the vaccinations. I hate needles better get it over with quick.

Love and Hugs,
T. Destiny

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker