Greetings and Salutations Dear Readers,
Well, it is official. At the cost of $60 we have confirmed that I have 'Advanced Secondary Infection Bronchitis." In short, it means I had complications from a cold which have caused a lung infection. It is also the reason my chest hurts and I've been constantly tired. A course of 7 day (not 3 day!!!) antibiotics and icky powder have been given to me by a very cultured and well-spoken doctor in Taipei. I can't wait for one good deep long breath unhampered by coughing or pain.
It took over an hour to get home by train. Sometimes when the system is moving 10 minutes slow, they'll start pulling commuter trains off the main lines at smaller stations. This sounds good, right? That allows the other trains to run faster and catch up, right? Wrong. You end up stranded outside on this tiny little platform for 10-20 or 30 minutes until the next train, which is also delayed, rolls around. Then you find out that this train is the "catch up train" which means it's packed to the gills because it's been picking up all the poor shmucks along the line who got sidetracked. It's even more fun in the rain.
Fortunately, tonight it wasn't raining. Blessedly tonight it wasn't raining. Joyously tonight it wasn't raining. I'm so glad, so happy, so ecstatically thrilled that there was no rain today. None. Zero. What a blessing.
I'm lazy enough that I drove my scooter the 10 minute walk to the train station. Given that a single flight of stairs makes me pant for breath I think that's allowed. I'm not lazy enough to drive to the bakery for a loaf of bread - yet. I picked that up on foot. I like the clerks at 'my' bakery. They're 20-something women and we always have some kind of little English Chinese exchange that makes me leave with a smile. Maybe someday I'll ask if they want lessons.
I stumbled across this great use for old video tapes that I thought would make my dad laugh.
Zoom Zoom! Thanks for reading!
T. Destiny