Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Monday, October 24, 2005
275.3 - Reading about Writing
Greetings and Salutations Dear Readers.
Some of you are STILL reading right?!

I've lapsed into a comfortable blogging mood. My depression of earlier has lifted and I'm feeling positively human. I'm reading an increasing number of websites about lit. writers and television writers and learning some stuff about the 'bizz' of entertainment. Today I read about Firing Your Agent.

Who said you had to settle for one career in your lifetime?
Statistically speaking todays 30 something will have as many as 7 careers in a lifetime. I'm only on my second. So many possibilities crowd my future. Naturally decisions about one's own life are always a challenge. It's easier to tell a friend "Yeah, that sounds like a great idea," than it is to say it to yourself. We can summon easy optomism for others. Being your own cheerleader is slightly harder.

In a fit of euphoria it isn't hard to imagine myself becoming an artist while I work at McDonalds in Montreal (I know more Mandarin than I do French), or even moving to Vancouver and getting registered as a Production Assitant with the Directors Guild there. Maybe I'll become a nomad and live and blog in a place like Thailand or the Phillipines. Both are reportedly beautiful and incredibly cheap places to live. Travel writing still has appeal. I actually read a book on it recently and have been practicing on and off for a couple of months. Plus there's my unsung dream to become a Meterologist, Siesmologist (sp) or even more obscurely Volcanologist. I certainly feel like I have the sparkling wit of some scientist who's been locked up in the laboratory too long.

It's easy to be optomistic in the cyber world. You can be anything here from lowly street dog to noble heroine. Nobody can say "hey looser" with authority because they don't know if you truely failed. Nobody can see you lying in your bed for hours without the self-discipline to start painting. Nobody can see your undone piles of laundry or smell your dirty socks. Nobody can read your writing and call you a half-talented hack. Oh, wait.... never mind.

Surely, you can't still be reading this? Go get a life. I'll try and find one of my own. I promise.

T. Destiny

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker