Every morning I arrive before work to eat breakfast. This morning it was one of my favorites. Fried egg sandwiched in a quessidilla type wrap with spicy ketchup and green onions. The cup of soy milk was starting to thicken in kind of a strange way so I managed to discretely avoid it.
Usually I eat in a classroom while kids are doing their excersizes in the main room. Sometimes they dance and sing. Othertimes they listen to their Chinese teachers explain what is and isn't acceptable when hanging their coats or backpacks. This week they're all wearing sweaters because things have cooled down to the mid 20's during the day.
Today the kids started filing into the classroom before I finished eating. I'm still coughing up a storm and don't want them to get sick, but kindergarten kids have no concept of personal space. They were swarming over me until I told them to sit down. Dear little Ray looked at me very seriously and said "Firefighter." It didn't make any sense unless he was talking about the spicy ketchup that he could plainly see still in my dish. I was thinking this was rather brilliant of him and then he said, "Farmer. Pilot." The illusion of cognitive understanding faded.
My mercurial Angel today was a dream student. She sat when I said sit, stood when I said stand, and spoke in a tone of voice between a whisper and a scream. It was heaven. I love it when the 3 year old is on my side.
Oh, a random surf brought me to some good management advice. Not that I'm managing much of anything right now... but it was an interesting read.
10 Management Lessons I Have Learned From my Cats