Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Friday, October 14, 2005
265 - My newest stalker
He is there every morning and sometimes in the evening also. His hazel eyes bore into my heart whenever our eyes meet. I try hard not to meet his gaze. Desperately I look away and think of other things. I can hear his footfalls behind mine. Although he often follows me to the nearest corner I am never afraid of him. Today I spoke with him for the first time.

I actually find him enchanting in a heart-breaking way. One look at the way he carries himself with determined optimism despite the odds ranged against him and I am utterly taken.I know he'll never be close to my height. And he'll never fully understand my cultural background. It seems to matter less today than other days.

If times were different I would say "yes" and make him both my friend and partner. If times were different I would stop right there on the side of the road and give him my hand. If times were different I would take him home, bathe him and hold him. I would see his future with me and we would grow old in a safe world. But these are not different times.

Sadly, I tell him to go home and not to follow me. He sits on the corner of the street for a moment and then hesitantly stands to come a step closer to me. I clap my hands loudly and say no in a firmer tone of voice. He cocks his head to the side and I almost loose my resolve to make him stop following me. I suspect he'd come all the way to school if I let him. Yet the clap and the tone of voice work, he scratches at a flea, turns and with one last puppy-dog look trots back towards the night market. My heart breaks a little. I used to be a cat person.

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker