A good old Canadian sentiment hit me yesterday. It's almost Thanksgiving at home. My family rarely did holidays in grand style but in my current home-sick state I am craving that tofurkey loaf. Okay, I'm not.... but in spirit I am.
I'm craving the crackling brown skin and juicy gravy that came from my friend Emma's turkey. I'm craving long walks in the Bow River valley. I'm craving a walk into Safeway with rows upon rows of pumpkin pies and apples of so many different varieties that I could eat a different one every day. I am craving HOME.
Monday will be Thanksgiving in Canada and Double Ten Day in Taiwan. I have the day off to celebrate the independent spirit of ummmmmm - CHINA?! Yes, Double Tens is all about the people of China overthrowing the chains of dynastic rule. Somehow it became a holiday akin to July 1st or 4th depending on your nationality. It is also officially Taiwan's National Day despite the countries efforts to become independent they still share the holiday with R.O.C. Go figure.
You can read a slightly out of date article on Double Tens
here.
Love and ((HUGS)) to those that desire.
T. Destiny
_____________________