An update on my status in Taiwan. After 10 months of beaurocracy and running to police stations, visa offices and even other countries I am legally entitled to live here. The caveat is that I can live here as long as I'm working. Alien Resident Certificates are tied to your employment. That's okay - even with the hard days I'm too dedicated to leave my students mid-semester. Logic dictates that you don't jump off a galloping horse even if it's running away with you.
I'm being 'observed' today by one of my fellow teachers. It should be interesting as I've never gone through this process before. Right now my III class is being disrespectful and outright rude. Only fetching a Chinese person seems to get them set and then even for 5 minutes. I haven't figured out why one of the girls seems intent on reducing my 'status.' She's got authority problems. Then again, so do I so I should be able to understand on some level what she's about. Ah well, maybe it will come to me.
I feel like my novel is going well. I am verbose at the best of times. A friend's Mac laptop crashed recently which has again given me pause on the laptop purchase. Technology - did anybody ever say it would make life easier? Sometimes a pencil is best.
On Sunshine day 4 I wish you all the very best.
Stick with your horse while it's running and get off when it stops and bucks.
T. Destiny