Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Wednesday, November 02, 2005
284 - To type or not to type
It was another gloriously sunshiny day. There was pleasant blue sky and clouds and it wasn't too hot. It was the kind of day where I could have been outside for hours on end without complaint. I wanted that today. I longed for that today. It didn't happen.

Mistakes. I've made a few in my life. Coming to Taiwan does not count as a mistake. Lots has happened here that I'm pleased about. However, I'm currently not enjoying my teaching career.

I need sunshine. NEED it. Not just want or like it, but need it. It is part of what keeps me healthy and sane. There just isn't enough sunshine exposure at my job to assist me in staying balanced. In an effort to save money on the bills the lights are almost always off unless I'm teaching a class of rowdy kids.

MAIL - I got a parcel! My sister sent me a gloriously thoughtful parcel! Tea - oh, the great wonderful tea. I have found this tea in Taiwan - at $20 Cdn. a box I wasn't willing to buy what you can get in Canada for 3.63 in Wallmart. :) It's a comfort on nights like tonight when I feel like I'm loosing my mind. All I need is hot water.

Yes, the company got us a 'top of the line' brand new water machine. It worked a charm. For the whole week that it worked that is. Last night it decided to break. It is stuck in a never ending boil cycle. Another day - another problem. It seems to never end. I can't anticipate what's going to happen next.

My novel... I want to work on my novel. I can not tonight. It is a lost cause for me to attempt a running stream of serious thought going while people are chatting around me. I managed a measly 250 words during my lunch 'break' today. It is not enough and my urge to buy a Mac laptop grows. I can feel the itch between my shoulder blades.

The new meds are nauseating but I'm glad to be on the road towards a healthy body again. I looked at the helmets in the Carrefour tonight. I was thinking that 2,000 NT seemed expensive for a good quality helmet and then I began to wonder. If my health is worth the 1,600 I spent the other day for a doctor, isn't my head and my life worth at least the same amount? Of course. All the same payday is a week away so I'll risk the 8 days with the helmet I have now.

With a wistful thought.
T. Destiny

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker