Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Friday, November 04, 2005
286.2 Delightful Nights
It is one of the magic moments - the night is clear and cool. The wind gently ruffles the miniature palm outside my bedroom window. The early Friday night crowd has cleared out of the courtyard in front of my patio and there are only a dozen or so martial arts students practing moves that I quietly wish I could achieve. They are all boys, dressed in identical white shirts following their instructor, an aging bald man in florid red. The dogs aren't being walked yet so it is remarkably quiet.

I just finished giggling over the movie Madagascar. One of the benefits of having a tech savy roommate is the wonders of a functioning computer system. DVD quality - yipee! It beats my little VCD player, but it's not quite portable.

I have found myself unreasonably happy today. Thanks for your prayers. Class went well and even though my observer never showed things otherwise ticked along very nicely. Since I am a legal resident I even got my scooter registered under my new Chinese name. :) My roommate J-man has begun to call me 'wild peach.' The literal translation of the name is forest/beauty/peach. It is marginally close to my English name in pronounciation.

See, what a handful of anti-biotics and 4 days of sunshine can do? God is good!

I took some video clips with my camera tonight showing 'my' courtyard. I was trying to email them home, but it seems like the comp doesn't like my CD or maybe it is the formatting... I'll figure it out. Whatever the case, it works at work so I can always try again on Monday.

Oh, yes.... that- ummmmmmm I'm procrastinating on my novel again.
T. Destiny
4,000 and holding.

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker