Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Saturday, September 24, 2005
Back where I belong?
My trip was interesting, ill-planned and thankfully, over. I'm back in Taipei. Hong Kong is just the airport of a memory. I am a little embarrassed that I never even stepped foot outside the enormous glass doors. Yet, at the same time I did accomplish my little experiment.

I have learned some things that are probably not that important about life, the universe and staying in an airport. The HK airport has VERY comfortable chairs. People will sleep anywhere there is a flat, reasonably quiet space, including the chapel. Free internet is only a coffee away. It is possible to strike up a conversation at 4 am.

I'm not terribly in the mood to blog at the moment. The particular net-caf I'm at is noisy, crowded and has a remarkably UNcomfortable chair.


Things I don't want to forget.

  • J - the tv advertising lady from Van.
  • R - the motivational speaker from Calif.
    The customs officer who told me I wasted my money.
  • Not sleeping for 30+ hours
  • The taste of North American french fries. (They're different here.)
I was stalked on the way home today. Not "stalked" in the proper sense, but rather a Taiwanese guy on a scooter took it upon himself to follow me down the street. It would not have bothered me if he had just driven off on his scooter as soon as I noticed him. Yet, he didn't. He kept following me even when I was obviously trying to shake him. I was rattled for a few minutes but managed to get rid of the guy when I went into a supermarket. My boss says it's because I'm too pretty. Ha ha.

Seriously though, somebody needs to give this guy lessons on following a girl. You're suppossed to do it at night down a quiet alley for maximum effect. Not on Saturday afternoon on a busy street in down-town. I mean it's hard not to stand out when you trail somebody on a scooter on the sidewalk for a few blocks, especially after they change direction.

My boss got my scooter started tonight and gave me kick-starting lessons. It's easier than pull-starting a lawnmower. Although getting it on the center stand is a little challenging. I'm a weakling.

Okay - I'm at the end of my patience with the bad keyboard and the noise here. Will blog more when the spirit moves me. Until then...

I remain
T. Destiny

Seriously chek it for a battery. Those scooters can run without a battery so you will need to kick start it everytime.

As to getting it on the centre stand it's not strength but technique. Your a smart woman so you'll get it.

Well that's enough of me telling you to suck eggs *G*

Miss you
Gavin  

_____________________

Gavin,

Comments are like PR... it can't really be bad. :) Thanks for the head's up. My girl does have a battery. Just looks like she needed some oil and a good trip around town.  

_____________________

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker