Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Friday, September 23, 2005
Hong Kong
I'm trying a bizzare thing tonight I'm living at the airport. Okay, I'm copying it from a girl I know who blogged about it this summer. She got the idea from one of the Lonely Planet books. What brought this spirit of adventure about? Well, imagine my surprise to arrive in Hong Kong at 10:30 pm on a Thursday and find that the good hotels are booked for a conference. And after only an hour to pack, I didn't want to stay in a hostel to top off the impromptu trip. So, here I am at 3.27 in the morning typing away in the airport.

So far I've met a handful of interesting people, discovered there's a chapel with a really cold hardwood floor and discovered free internet for a $4 US coffee. Right now I'm talking with my sister on-line. Unfortunately I can't get the internet camera to work, but I'm still having fun. Yay me.... who knew this could be a different kind of good adventure?

My flight home is a mere 8 hours away.... I'm hoping to see the sunrise over the bay? Or at least from the airport window. That should happen in the next 2 hours or so. Wish me luck. I'm sure I'll sleep on the plane on the way home. I have great pictures of the deserted airport.

T. Destiny

I hope this Hong Kong adventure works out for you! I am little bewildered back here in Taiwan but not 100% surprised...

Best wishes, see you soon (I hope)!

Daniel  

_____________________

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker