Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Sunday, September 18, 2005
239 - Moon Festival Health
I have slept through most of Moon Festival. I get the feeling I really didn't miss anything. I'm sure it would be different if I was not so obviously exhausted and bordering on some unknown illness. I've been running a low-grade throat infection for close to two weeks. This weekend I found myself going through the shivers and even briefly longed for a blanket. I'm storing up on all the sleep I can get.

Co-workers who haven't seen me for just over a week have commented on the amount of weight I've lost recently. I noticed it too... it seems to be falling off of it's own accord. I doubt that it's due to what I'm eating, but it seems a possibility. I did set out to lose weight before my international visitor arrived but that all went out the window with his time here.

I am moderately concerned for my health. I noticed I'm not breathing the way I should be either. Having an allergic reaction, being mildly ill, not sleeping and feeling stressed all has a way of mounting up on one's immune system unpleasantly. I wonder if it's time for a trip home. My boss seemed really concerned when she saw me last night. We have a meeting after my Bible study today. If they tell me I have to go to Hong Kong tonight I think I'm going to kick someone.

On a happy note, an authority on Taiwan Blogs has included links to my site. I'm unreasonably pleased with this, even though I no longer post anything of interest to the general Taiwan teacher. It kind of legitimizes the hours a week I spend typing my ramblings. I know just how few people read my ramblings but you know what they say "The less you say, the more people listen."

Until later, dear readers...
I remain
A teacher in Taiwan,
T. Destiny

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker