Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Friday, September 16, 2005
237 - The sky
The sky is a colour of blue that physically hurts my eyes. After two hundred and thirty seven days in Taiwan I am reminded that the sky can actually BE blue. Sad as it is, you kind of get used to the dirty blue-grey and white skies. I found myself unable to pull my eyes away from any little patch of sky that I could see on the way to work. What this shade of blue means is that there has been a storm off the western coast of the island. The fact that the sky has been blue for 3 days now means that it was a big storm. More weather fascination for me.

I saw 2 people vomitting in Sihjh yesterday. It's a little disturbing to see a boy bent over a grate on the side of the street retching while his teacher and mother stand over him with a box of tissue waiting for him to finish. The temperature was in the mid 30's and I felt sad that the kid couldn't get inside into the air conditioning. That's a priviledge reserved for the healthy students.

There's a bug running around and I've had a killer sore throat for 2 weeks now. My good mood of yesterday has evaporated. I haven't slept well all week and I'm getting pretty darn tired. This happens to me at full moons all over the world. *shrugs* Things just aren't right around full moons.

There is a possibility I might have to run to Hong Kong this weekend... but I probably won't find out until the last minute. My 60 days in the country since I went to Thailand are just about over. T minus four days and counting. I'm waiting to see somebody pull a rabbit out of their hat. The thought of sitting in the airport with a standby ticket to LosAngeles is kind of appealing, but I'm REALLY tired today *laughs* and it isn't something I'm likely to do. I like to talk about it though.

My afternoon class is here. I'll write after the weekend to let you know how things went.

Cheers,
T. Destiny

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker