It isn't so bad working in the burbs. If you don't mind commuting for over 2 hours a day. I must warn you this is all about ranting.I must either take a bus & a train or a bus and the MRT to get to work. Neither option is appealing in rush hour traffic. So I split the ugly decision down the middle bus & train to work and bus & MRT from work. *shrugs* Some how the annoyance and naseau blur into mindless staring while Im' commutting. There is a rumour that the owner, Sky, will be picking up an apartment in my town. At the moment, I'm ready to jump at the chance to skip the commute. Even though it means I'll be dealing with small town attitudes and the lack of English here, I just can not imagine doing this in the rainy winter weather.
Okay, rant over. My kindergarten class shouted "SURPRISE, Teacher" when I walked in the door on Monday morning. It was a nice welcome back after two weeks of decadent leisure. I am surprised at the noticable difference in height with some of the boys and girls. *grins* It's really fun to see them growing. And they are so smart and anxious to please. I know the classes are really too long for them at close to 1.5 hours, but they are so sweet. Once they grasp a concept they really like to play with it and that makes me smile.
Today is my first day back with the elementary grades. I've got my fingers crossed for my classes. I have a kind of a fun get to know the teacher activity planned. I'll be sharing photos from home with all of them. I wish I had the technology from my last school which allowed me to play power-points in class, but I'll have to make-due with the materials I have on-hand. I'm on pins and needles about whether this is going to play out well. Wish me luck, they're here!
T. Destiny