Chinese Proverb: He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.




My Photo Links


Weather in Taipei: The WeatherPixie Weather in Calgary: The WeatherPixie

Check the latest weather in Taiwan. What is an NT worth in your home currency? xe.com


NaNoWriMo Winner
I actually wrote a novel.
tsimplyme got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com

Photos (c) 2005, T. Destiny
All Rights Reserved

NeoPet Graphic (c) 2004 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Used With Permission

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

My Taiwan Adventure

Sunday, August 07, 2005
Scootin'
Scooters rock! I have just finished my first scooter lesson. I can barely wait for my very own scooter to zip around the country. I'm pretty confident I'll be able to pass the test. The hardest part is riding a straight line in over seven seconds. I was routinely completing the task in 11 or 12 seconds today on three different scooters.

The closest I came to going over was when practicing on the test course. You have to start and stop within certain distances. 6 feet is the shortest distance right at the very end and I lost my balance and came close to losing my scooter. *laughs* But I managed to pull it upright and accelerate away without hurting myself, bystanders or the scooter.

Really it was easier than I thought it would be. I think having a few years behind my parents on motorcycles really helped. I've been complemented on my balance as a passenger and suspect the knowledge of how to go with the bike in a turn is an advantage.

The next step is the written exam which will allow me to ride a 50 cc bike. The practical riding exam is to drive anything with more power. I want to pass the riding exam but prefer the little 50 cc for maneuverability purposes. Yet the power in the larger bike will be better if I'm to commute out of town to work. I can't wait for my scooter priveledges. I'm a very happy girl.

Scoot on!
T. Destiny

Post a Comment



eXTReMe Tracker