One hundred and eighty days ago I lived in Calgary, Alberta Canada. I worked as a graphic artist. I suffered through fourty below weather while battling my to work on the bus. I owned multiple pairs of mittens and my own car. I enjoyed daily Tim Hortons coffee and the occasional Caesar salad. I made omelets. I had a kitchen.
One hundred and eighty days ago I didn't know that it is possible to live in a foreign country with less than what you can fit in 2 large suitcases. I didn't know that I can draw quite well. I only knew 5 words in Chinese. I was secretly scared of both being unemployed and traveling alone.
Things have changed. I have changed. Life moves on for all of us. I know 2 people in Calgary who are having babies soon. I will not have seen them pregnant. When I return to Canada I will not be the only one who changed. It is an odd feeling.
Today I got my health exam in order to work. The hospital has the process stream-lined to efficiently handle people. I have always had small veins and sure enough I'm beginning to bruise from the blood test. Happily, I did not feel like fainting afterwards. I compared March's form with the one I filled out today. I am apparently 3 cm shorter and 1 kg heavier. I can understand the weight gain but where'd my height go?
My friend from England is coming to visit me in August. Hopefully I'll be able to arrange some time to show him the better side of the island. Naturally he's coming at the beginning of the school year which should prove a bit of a challenge if he wants to see the most genial relaxed side of me, but I guess we'll deal with that when the time comes.
Until I have the urge to type again, my life remains a constant mystery.
((HUGS)) to those who want them.
With affection,
T. Destiny